14.12.12

Apollo Ball


I mentioned the Apollo Ball in my previous post and this is what my best friend Ciadhra and I wore to it last year. I can honestly say it is one of my favourite items of clothing that I have ever worn.

Around the time of the Apollo Ball last year Ciadhra and I decided we wanted to look fierce even though we had no money and no dresses a week before the event. In the middle of shopping we decided why not head up to Covet and try on some designer dresses for a laugh.

Covet is a beautiful store in Dublin which is stocked full of designer dresses for hire. I cannot recommend enough hiring dresses for a big event. You get to wear beautiful gowns most of us could never afford and the gown then doesn't gather dust in your wardrobe. Another great hiring site is Girl Meets Dress.

So Ciks and I obviously both fell in love and hired our dresses despite not having the money. She adored this  show stopping Oscar de la Renta gold sequinned number while I went slightly more understated for a Alice Temperley black peplum with turquoise accessories (I got my clutch in Benetton but originally it was a weird looking purse with woven handles, i thought the handles were odd so I pulled them out and made an adorable clutch).

What is funny is that as I was trying on my dress I put it on backwards. The women in the shop laughed at me but then we all realised it actually looked much better back to front. So I wore a designer dress backwards for an entire night. Why not. They also provided the little ornate belt I am wearing that they sew themselves and let you borrow at no extra cost to complete your look.


This is a picture of the back. I did my hair myself by back combing it and scraping it into a side ponytail and then applying a donut bun from Penneys (Primark). We had our make up done in Mac and went on to have a fabulous night. We stumbled back into Covet the next day to return our dresses and they were so relaxed. We didn't even have to clean them ourselves. All I can say is - a great service.



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© SUZANNEMURPHY | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig